Sunday, October 27, 2019

In the Days Before the Release of the Granite Rock



                  The days weeks and months before the release of a new book are often spent similarly.    After the author finishes with all he or she planned to do with it, it goes off to an editor.  With luck, the editor wishes to make few changes, and this helps the author to perhaps gain a little confidence as the release comes closer.  Then, the book goes to be formatted.  For some reason, I did something with this book that I had never done before. I had made spaces before each sentence of dialogue, but in some places, I had allowed two spaces. This needed to be fixed. I am not sure why I did this, or why I missed this on multiple proof readings.

                    During final formatting, we can turn our attention to the cover of "The Granite Rock".   The photos for the front and back covers were taken some time ago, but the piecing together and concept for the cover itself is always a the job of a master.   These elements sit on the master's computer now. 

                    Despite the fact that this will be my sixth book, the process is always new, always a little daunting, and since I personally only publish a book a year, I do forget certain aspects of the process from year to year. There is also the issue that since each book is different, that the process for each varies just enough to keep the process a little unfamiliar, and just a bit interesting.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and questions concerning the book "The Granite Rock" are welcome. Advertising and other agendas are deleted.

Granite Rock Now Available from E-book Sources

           I am pleased to announce that "The Granite Rock" is available as an e-book at the following links: h...